Ireland – The Leading Jurisdiction for SPVs
Ireland is the leading European jurisdiction for SPVs, structured finance and securitised structures.
With a network of specialist service providers, such as directors, advisers, listing agents and trustees, the industry in Ireland supports and services the widest range of structured finance deals.
Ireland is an international jurisdiction that is a member of the EU and of the OECD. SPVs are established as companies in Ireland, and are subject to Irish laws, regulations and tax, which provide security, certainty and protection for investors.
For over 30 years Ireland has been developing the infrastructure and expertise that offers a well-established environment for the global structured finance industry in Ireland.
News: Indecon Report on SPVs Released
Indecon International Consultants recently released their independent report “Assessment of the Economic and Cross Sectoral Impacts of the Special Purpose Vehicle Sector.”
The report highlights the significant impact of the SPV sector in Ireland noting that:
• Irish SPVs are central to several sectors in the financial services ecosystem – a key driver of the Irish economy which supports an estimated 56,000 jobs in Ireland.
• SPVs enable credit institutions and non-bank lenders to lend to enterprises, homeowners, and customers – a key focus of the EU Capital Markets Union
• The growing SPV sector supports 5,530 jobs across the Irish economy and has a positive economy wide impact of €468 million.
• With a 31% share of the euro market by vehicle numbers and 26% by asset value, Ireland is the leading European jurisdiction for SPVs.
• The SPV sector is a large contributor to the knowledge economy and high skilled employment expected to grow by 23% over the next five years.
View the Executive Summary of the report to read about how the Irish SPV sector supports the Irish economy and the EU as we move into the future.